Storage & Packing Tips
Our helpful tips will make your storage experience a smooth process.
- Make sure to clean all appliances and use the inside for storage; leave fridge and freezer doors ajar to avoid mold and mildew.
- Do not store combustible items, such as oil, gas, cleaning fluids, paint, etc.
- Do not store dry goods – i.e. pet food, birdseed, rice, beans or other food items.
- Ventilate your space by leaving air space at walls.
- It is wise to put cardboard and/or plastic under your goods.
- Wrap dishes individually, cushion all sides of the box.
- Cover upholstered furniture with old sheets, shower curtain or a plastic cover available in our store.
- Stand mattresses, sofas and mirrors on their end. Store tables upside down and pack books flat.
- Oil metal items lightly, such as, garden tools to keep them sharp and from rusting.
- Store your needed items towards the front of the unit and other items towards rear of the unit that you are less likely to get out.
- Label all boxes and tape them closed to protect them from dust.
- Packing supplies, such as boxes can be purchased from the Rental Office!